30 November 2011

Avoiding Christmas Music

Ok, so I know that the radio is playing Christmas music now, especially since it's after Thanksgiving, but I haven't listened to one Christmas song yet. I avoid any station I know is playing Christmas music. I don't think I've heard it much at the stores and if they have been playing it, then I just really wasn't paying any attention. A.V. (my husband) and I are pretty much done shopping. This is a record for us, but everyone is only getting 1 or 2 gifts from us, as we can't afford much more than that. I think I am going to skip Christmas cards again this year, except for maybe people who live far away like Missouri, California, Arizona, and England.

I have yet to throw up my Christmas tree and as the days go on, I'm not sure if I will or not. No one is coming to our house for Christmas, so why bother?

Other than that, I ordered a new video camera for shooting videos for
Essential Cooking's YouTube. It's the same brand, but a little more updated and has an external mic port. I'm ready to test that out. People complain so much about that camera, but I realized it's because they're idiots. The product is sometimes only as good as it's user. I use an older version of the camera and it works fine for what I need it for, but I really need something with an external mic. I think at some point the internal mic on the one I'm using now got messed up, so sometimes the sound is not that great.

R.F. and I will probably be shooting our last video of 2011 in a couple weeks with the new camera. I'm still not sure what we are going to make. I'm also still working on getting the website going with blogs and video posts, as you can see it's not that big of a priority right now. Still need to call up, S.E. for that.

My new role at work is going well. I'm learning quickly, but have yet to talk to a customer. I will have to learn soon though because D.D. will be gone in January for a week for the Shot Show in Vegas and I'll be left alone to take orders, enter them, pull them, and ship them (with some help, but probably mostly me). Not to mention any customer complaints or questions that will come to our department because I will be the department @o@.

Well, I don't have anything else to write, so I'm going to go play the Sims 3 because if I can control anything in this life, it's my sims and that's not always a guarantee. Lol...

No comments:

Post a Comment