21 September 2014

Meetup.com

So, yesterday I did something very out of the ordinary. I met up with a meetup group from meetup.com. 

I'd been on the site all summer, but none of the groups interested me enough to make me want to go see what any of it was about. This week, I got on my app and saw that a fairly new group had been made. It was a 20s-30s social group. Just a hang out, have fun, meet people my age thing. So, I decided it was time to try something new. I was nervous, but with a little encouragement from the organizer and another new member like myself, I took the plunge. 

When I parked across from the restaurant, I felt super nervous. So nervous, in fact, that my stomach was turning. If you know me, you know that meeting new people can be hard for me sometimes. Years ago in a land not so far away, I couldn't make myself talk to strangers. I've learned to not care as much anymore and can talk to strangers. 

I purposely got there early. I was the first person to meet the organizer and so after chatting a bit while we waited for others and our table, I felt a little bit easier by the time we sat down. It ended up being a really nice night out after the torrential downpour before dinner. Food, drinks, conversation. I think I've met a really cool group of people. 


Love Always,
Melissa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm really happy for you!! Looks like fun crowd. Take care and enjoy yourself :)
-Melinda

Post a Comment